To teach Sexual Risk Avoidance abstinence education with a whole person approach in public and private school settings.
- Complete certification process as outlined below.
- Be available to teach periodically throughout the school year. Each week is a Monday-Friday commitment.
- Believe in the message of abstinence until marriage
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Excellent time management
- Prompt & Reliable
- Respectful & Courteous
- Connect well with teens
- Awareness of teen culture today
- Engaging with curriculum
- Competent public speaker
- Respectful of authority
- Literate in computer, internet, & email
- Comfortable saying body parts
- Interview with CPR’s Program Director.
- Complete the training. For middle school certification training, it is a 2-day commitment. High school certification training is a 1-day commitment.
- Observe and Co-Teach. You will shadow a CPR Trainer for one week in the classroom for each grade level. You will observe 2 classes, co-teach with the CPR Trainer for one class, and teach 2 classes while the CPR Trainer observes.
- Certification. The Program Director will decide if certification requirements and skill competencies have been met to begin as a paid Instructor.
Note: At the discretion of the Program Director, the Trainee may be asked to cease the continuation of the certification process at any time.